Tuber Melanosporum - Mycorrhizal ROBIN Truffle plants with black truffle: Truffle Oak, Hazelnut Truffle ...
Tuber Melanosporum (The Black Truffle):
The Black Truffle (Tuber Melanosporum) is an excellent edible, sometimes called "Black Diamond", compared to its inimitable flavor but also for its price.
Tuber Melanosporum was described by Vittadini in 1831, from Greek melanos = black and spora = spore, melonosporum = to black spore. Many forest tree hosts, can live in symbiosis with the black truffle, the most known are the truffle oaks and hazel truffle.
The presence of Tuber Melanosporum mycelium in the soil is manifested by the appearance of "burned", sometimes very marked and spectacular. Known since antiquity, it remains today the essential jewel of the party menus and gourmet meals.
The quality of PLANTS TRUFFIERS ROBIN:
As we discussed in the section of the ROBIN Truffle plants , these are high quality plants produced in our nursery by techniques developed within the framework of our quality system and under license INRA (National Institute of Agronomic Research).
ROBIN TRUFFIERS PLANTS mycorhizés with black truffle are available in ROBIN ANTI-CHIGNON® cup in 4 different sizes.
- The bucket Robin Anti-chignon® R 430 volume 0.43 liter
- The bucket Robin Anti-chignon® R 600 volume 0.6 liter
- The bucket Robin Anti-chignon® R 1.5 L volume 1.5 liters
- The bucket Robin Anti-chignon® R 3 L volume 3 liters
The host essences available for the plants Truffiers ROBIN mycorhizés with the black truffle:
The 2 most popular and best known truffle tree species are Truffle Oaks and Truffle Hazelnuts.
In addition to truffle oaks and truffle hazelnuts, ROBIN Pépinières offers many species of hosts, to best adapt to different conditions.
Below, all the host species proposed for the ROBIN Truffle plants mycorhizés with black truffle:
- Atlas cedar (CEDRUS atlantica)
- Common hornbill (CARPINUS betulus)
- Oak kermis (QUERCUS coccifera)
- Green oak (QUERCUS ilex)
- White oak (QUERCUS pubescens)
- Pedunculate oak (QUERCUS robur)
- White Rockrose (CISTUS albidus)
- Common hazel (CORYLUS avellana)
- Hazel tree of Byzantium (CORYLUS colurna)
- Aleppo pine (PINUS halepensis)
- Austrian black pine (PINUS nigra austriaca)
- Small-leaved lime (TILIA cordata)
We also invite you to discover, an innovation and exclusivity ROBIN Pépinières, the Truffier CHAMPION® oak , which gives remarkable perspectives for the improvement of the truffle production.